We're excited to announce that a new line of production-ready Dedicated replica set plans are now available through the MongoLab add-on on Heroku!
Our fully managed Dedicated plans run on dedicated virtual machines (VMs) and offer guaranteed resources (RAM/IO/CPU), SSD-backed disks, and seamless zero-downtime scaling.
By using the MongoLab add-on on Heroku, teams can easily navigate between administering their Heroku application and their MongoDB deployment(s) via our integrated management portals and receive consolidated billing from Heroku for all their applications' services.
Fully managed MongoDB-as-a-Service
MongoLab's Dedicated plans come with:
Highly Available MongoDB Cloud Hosting
Provision a production-ready replica set with a few clicks.
- Dedicated virtual machines
- SSD-backed block storage (EBS) volumes
- Multi-zone replication and automatic failover using MongoDB Replica Sets
MongoDB Management Tools
Manage current database operations, stream real-time logs, and perform other essential DBA functions through¬†our MongoDB management GUI.
- Free daily customizable backups with easy restore
- Real-time and historical monitoring of key performance metrics
- Automated query analysis and index recommendations
- Tools to find and kill running database operations
- Custom firewall configuration¬†
In addition to MongoLab's standard timely email support, our Dedicated plan users get premium support.
- 24√--7 emergency support hotline
- Expert advice on performance tuning and data modeling
- Pre-production "health checks" to make sure you are ready to go live
Available in Heroku's US and EU regions
All MongoLab plans available through Heroku's add-on program are available in both Heroku's US and EU regions.
It is highly recommended that teams deploy their MongoLab database¬†into the same AWS region as their Heroku application. This keeps network traffic internal to the region which minimizes latency and maximizes security.
Resources for getting started
If you're new to MongoLab and Heroku, we have free Sandbox plans with 500MB of storage to help you get started. These plans should be used for development and testing only.
We also have published some resources to help you quickly get up and running:
- MongoLab/Heroku Documentation: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/mongolab
- (Tutorial) Object Modeling in Node.js with Mongoose: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/nodejs-mongoose
- (Tutorial) Real-time Polyglot Application: https://devcenter.heroku.com/articles/realtime-polyglot-app-node-ruby-mongodb-socketio
Production-ready MongoDB made easy
If you're unsure about which plan you need or are just getting started with MongoDB, you can reach out to the MongoLab team at email@example.com anytime. We look forwarding to hearing from you!